Landlord and Tenant
How can we help?
How can we help?

Landlord and Tenant Overview

Properties are usually let in England and Wales using an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. This type of temporary agreement is suitable for residential tenancies of between 6 months to 3 years. You may have the right to end a Tenancy Agreement early.

Starting a Tenancy: Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement services

  • Using a professional Tenancy Agreement will help you avoid many of the common pitfalls of letting a property.
  • Pro-Leagle has drafted an up-to-date Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement which can be personalised according to your circumstances.
  • You can prepare an eTenancy Agreement online using our automated service or request help from Pro-Leagle's specialist staff.

Ending a Tenancy: Section 8 and Section 21 Notices to Quit

  • A landlord has the right to regain possession of your property upon expiry of the Tenancy Agreement. They also have the right of possession during the tenancy if the tenant does not pay the rent or fails to comply with their obligations under the agreement.


  • To exercise their right of possession a landlord must serve a valid Notice to Quit (more properly known as a Notice Seeking Possession) on the tenant. Serving the correct legal notice at the right time could save thousands of pounds. Pro-Leagle's Eviction Eligibility Test will suggest which notice you need.

Notice to Quit Generation

Notice to Quit Validity